LoveBug is still more than happy to eat Cheerios for breakfast everyday of his life without complaint. Monkey, on the other hand, has been boycotting breakfast lately. It doesn’t seem to matter what I put in front of him in the morning, he won’t eat it. Cereal, fruit, yogurt, toast, etc. just aren’t cutting it. The only option that has been a win is pancakes, but who has the time to make pancakes every morning? Not me!
I went on the hunt for some easy breakfast ideas and here is the best of the best:
- Breakfast burritos – A cottaging staple for us, why didn’t I think of this sooner?? The kids will eat anything in a wrap!
- French toast – My mom used this trick on my sister because you can get a whole egg into each slice of bread!
- Make ahead homemade muffins or banana bread – You can even hide zucchini, carrots, etc. in here
- PB&J or PB&Banana sandwich – Only a small compromise from PB on toast
- Fruit smoothies – Here’s a kid friendly recipe from FoodNetwork
- Trail mix of dry cereal, dried fruit and nuts – Throw in a few chocolate chips to sweeten the deal :)
- Fruit and berry parfait – Layer quickly in a clear cup for points for presentation
Now to see which ones pass the test of a 3 year old….