A big THANK YOU! to the 3 bloggers who nominated me for the Liebster Award last month! The Dissocial Mom who’s tag line says it all “Delirious.Irritable.Smelly.Sleepy.Overwhelmed.Cranky.In.Absolute.Love”, Jardin Luxembourg who is bravely blogging everyday for a year straight, and fellow Canadian blogger at Be Enough. Please check out and follow their blogs!
I was unfamiliar with The Liebster Award, but with a little research I was able to find that it is a blogger to blogger award where new bloggers who are building their audience are nominated by fellow bloggers who believe they are doing an exceptional job.
The Rules are:
- Thank the blogger presenting you with this award and provide a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions provided by your presenter.
- Nominate fellow new bloggers with under 200 followers which you enjoy reading.
- Ask them 11 questions.
Since I don’t think anyone really wants to read 33 facts about me or listen to me answer 33 questions I am going to do just one set :)
11 Facts about Me
- I am left handed…according to my Dad we are the only people on our ‘right mind’.
- I have a bicornuate (heart shaped) uterus, which is what has caused me problems with each of my pregnancies.
- I’ve moved 20 times so far in my life and we’ve got another big one coming up soon.
- I love to travel.
- I love music, but I can’t dance or sing haha!
- I love all things sparkly and sequins.
- I have always wanted a tattoo, but don’t have any.
- Before our last was born I thought I didn’t care the gender, but I am much more happy we had a girl than I thought I would be (2 boys, then a girl)
- I hate skinny jeans. Man I can’t wait for that fad to be over!
- I think champagne is good for everyday, not just special occasions.
- I get excited like a kid for all holidays.
Answering 11 questions:
•What motivated you to start blogging? I’ve always loved to write. Not like stories, I’m not that committed. More like letters, journals, lists, doodles, musings. When I was younger my friends used to say that I’d probably written on more paper than anyone else in the world. I think the modern day version of all that can be a blog and I want to give it a try. I also feel like I need something in my life that’s just for me, and I could use a hobby other than drinking wine ;)
•If you could ask only one thing of your children, what would that be? To believe in themselves. The rest will come.
•What is your guilty pleasure as a parent? eg. Polishing off some wine after a busy day and all the kids are in bed… I think you’ve done a fine job of answering this one for me!
•What is your best “go to” dinner when your imagination fails you and you don’t feel like cooking anything else? Wraps. They’re also a good way to use up leftovers.
•What is your most favorite thing to do during your “kid free” time? Spend quality time with my hubby, or surf the web lol.
•What is one inanimate object in your home that you just could not live without and why? Does my cell phone count? It’s my portal to the outside world.
•What is your favorite quote of all time? I’m not really a quote person. I’m not even sure I know any off the top of my head.
•Who is your favorite author and why do you love them? I don’t have a favourite. I do love to read, but I like to read a bit of everything so I just take book recommendations from friends.
•What is one thing that you used to love doing as a kid that you still secretly enjoy doing? Colouring. The kids have always left the table and I’m still there colouring by myself.
•What is the best advice you can give other parents on how to cope with stress? Wine. Just kidding. I always like to tell new parents this: Everything with kids is a phase. If it’s something wonderful enjoy it because it won’t last long. If it’s something frustrating, don’t stress because it will be over soon.
•On a scale of 1 to 10 how much did you enjoy answering these questions? 10! These were great questions! I want to steal them, I’m having a hard time thinking of my own to ask now!
Here are my 11 questions:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What inspires your blog?
- What is your favourite holiday and why?
- What is an important tradition in your family?
- How many children do you think is the ideal number to have?
- What is your family’s favourite meal?
- Any suggestions for picky eaters? (This question is purely for selfish reasons!)
- What is your dream vacation?
- What kinds of music do you listen to?
- Coffee or tea?
- If you could offer kids one piece of advice for the future what would it be?
The one thing that confused me though about the nomination is that there is no judges, voting process, or actual awards given…why then are we just “nominating” fellow bloggers rather than actually “awarding” them with the Liebster Award? I think that should be changed! So I would like to “Award” the following bloggers with the Liebster Award: